With so many cosmetic procedures available, there is no reason to live with skin that you aren’t happy with. If you have acne scars, wrinkles, warts, age spots, or sagging skin, CO2 laser resurfacing can help! Here are 7 things you should know about CO2 laser resurfacing.
- CO2 laser resurfacing works by heating the deeper layers of the skin and ablating the upper layers of the skin, promoting collagen production. New collagen helps to correct skin flaws and gives patients younger, firmer looking skin.
- The procedure for CO2 laser resurfacing can be performed in your doctor’s office, and you can leave as soon as the procedure is over.
- After the procedure, there is no downtime, and there is no need to stay home. However, your skin may need about 3 to 10 days to recover. It may be red and swollen, and the skin may peel. An ice pack can help to reduce any swelling. Be especially vigilant about wearing sunscreen after CO2 laser resurfacing to protect your sensitive skin.
- Laser resurfacing can be used for all skin tones. Your doctor will be able to tell you if CO2 laser resurfacing is right for you or if another laser resurfacing technique would be better.
- The results of CO2 laser resurfacing, although not permanent, are long-lasting.
- Fall and winter are the best times for laser resurfacing, because patients typically have less risk of sun exposure.
- As you have read, CO2 can be used to treat many skin issues – and there are also many brands of CO2 laser. At Amara Medical Aesthetics, the Lumenis Ultra Pulse Fractional Laser is used, technology that is safe and state-of-the-art, to help you get the results you want.
If you look in the mirror and are not happy with what you see, Amara Medical Aesthetics can help. The staff will be more than happy to meet with you, discuss your skin problems and goals for treatment, and then help you decide if CO2 laser resurfacing is right for you. Call Amara Medical Aesthetics in Bellevue, Washington, at (425) 455-2131 for an appointment today!