Microneedling has many benefits, but the most important one may be that it can give you the younger-looking, healthy skin you crave. Are you curious about microneedling and how it can help you? Read on for some more information!
What can a microneedling procedure do for you?
Microneedling uses little tiny needles to prick the skin. These needles are so small that they don’t cause pain, but they do cause new skin to grow to replace the slight bit of damage that the needles have caused. Here are other things you should know:
1. The needles used are just big enough to barely break the surface of the skin. This encourages new collagen to grow to repair the damage. Collagen is a protein that not only helps to keep bones, ligaments, and tendons healthy, but it also helps to keep skin looking youthful and hair and nails beautiful.
2. Microneedling is known for not only being effective but very safe.
3. If home treatments or other procedures haven’t worked to give you the beautiful skin you want, microneedling may be the answer.
4. Microneedling treatments rarely take longer than an hour, and typically they can be completed in just a few minutes.
5. For best results, up to six treatments may be needed.
6. Microneedling can be used with other treatments for maximum results. For instance, in a Morpheus8 procedure, radiofrequency energy is also used to correct imperfections in even deeper layers of the skin.
7. Patients like microneedling because it is effective but noninvasive.
8. Another benefit of microneedling is that there is no downtime needed afterwards. You may have some irritation to the skin, but nothing that will stop you from getting back to your regular activities as soon as you leave your doctor’s office. However, you should avoid the sun and avoid strenuous exercise.
9. Microneedling can help treat large pores, stretch marks, sunspots, scars, and wrinkles. It is used mostly on the face.
Microneedling helps to treat damaged skin to give patients refreshed, smoother, and younger-looking skin. Contact Amara Medical Aesthetics in Bellevue, Washington for a microneedling appointment. Call (425) 455-2131 today!