Have you been thinking about getting Botox? This very popular procedure – you probably know at least one person who has had it done – has been around for quite a few years, but that doesn’t mean you don’t have questions of your own. Read on for some information to help answer your Botox questions!
7+ things you should know about Botox
1. It works by blocking signals between the muscles and the nerves. When used cosmetically, this procedure relaxes the muscles and smooths out wrinkles. However, it is also used for medical purposes – it can help patients with migraines and neck spasms, for example.
2. Botox is used to reduce forehead lines, frown lines and other lines around the mouth, and crow’s feet. It is a great solution if you want younger, smoother-looking skin without the hassle of plastic surgery.
3. You may have heard that Botox is a neurotoxin. Although this sounds like a bad thing to inject into your skin, it is actually quite safe when it is used correctly!
4. The procedure to get Botox is very quick – many patients have it done on their lunch hour and then head back to work, although you should avoid activity that is too strenuous, such as going to the gym.
5. Most patients report that an injection feels like a bit of a pinch, but getting Botox isn’t painful. You may be a bit bruised for a few days afterwards.
6. The effects of Botox can last as long as 6 months, and when it wears off it is safe to get more. It may take a couple of weeks to really see the effects.
7. You can have other treatments along with Botox to help you achieve your cosmetic goals. Your doctor can suggest other procedures to go along with Botox based on the results you would like to see.
Botox is quick, noninvasive, nonsurgical, and very effective. It is safe and has been used for millions of patients. If you have any other questions about Botox, you can contact Amara Medical Aesthetics in Bellevue, Washington. Call (425) 455-2131 today!